Nearly 50 years of professional marine experience in virtually all phases of the industry, both power and sail, have provided Henry Pickersgill, NAMS-CMS, SNAME, with a unique and comprehensive background for marine surveying. See About.
Mr. Pickersgill's marine survey experience includes pre-purchase, damage claims, yacht/boatyard service/repair/restoration disputes, insurance disputes, voyage, new construction, accident investigations and expert witness/trial work. See Expert Witness.
His survey work involves classic sailing yachts to high-tech sportsfisherman to motoryachts. He is megayacht experienced and has international survey experience leading survey teams in Europe and the Caribbean. See Survey Highlights.
Awards, licenses, certification, and significant yachting achievements include:
- Certified Marine Surveyor (CMS), National Association of Marine Surveyors
- Marine Engineer (SNAME), The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Founding President, Marine Industries Association of Palm Beach County
- Past Vice President, Marine Industries Association of Florida
- Past Congressional Delegate, National Marine Manufacturers Association
- Past Legislative Delegate, Marine Industries Association of Florida
- Florida Marine Patrol Auxiliary - Inactive
- United States Naval Institute - Member
- United States Navy League - Member
- United States Coast Guard; Ocean Operators License, Power/Sail - Inactive
- Achievement Award, Associated Marine Institutes of Florida
- Captain, United States Sailing Team, World One Ton Cup, Australia 1972
- Captain, United States Sailing Team, World One Ton Cup, Newport, RI 1975
- Watch Captain, 60' S&S "RUNNING TIDE" during her most active racing years
- S.O.R.C. Racing, 1969, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, '75, '76, '77, '78, '79
- Primary racing helmsman 100Ft 1929 Alden schooner SummerWind 2009
For truly expert marine surveying, call Henry Pickersgill at 352-754-1777.
(You can tell who Henry Pickersgill is – he’s the yacht and boat surveyor who actually gets his feet wet.)